Bunnyofdoom.org sent an e-mail to Jhonen, and he replied. This squashes a buncha rumours, and other happy tidbits. Yippee!
OK....figured I'd surface after checking things out here recently. There's some fucked up people with some pretty twisted ideas about what I'm doing and such, so here's some rumor control.
1. ZIM IS so very cancelled. With the Christmas episode included, there will be 27 episodes in total. The idea of another network picking it up is unlikely. Anything's possible but I have no say in any of that as the network owns the show completely. In just such a magical world where ZIM starts up production again, it would not be with my supervision.
2. Episode 26 was going to be the cutoff point for everyone, with the skeleton crew leaving the studio after all parts of it were done. The Christmas episode was my idea, sick glutton for punishment that I am, and it means hanging around the studio a bit longer. It's not a pretty thought, but I can't help but want to end things on a cooler note. The board artists I wanted back are the best of the best and they love the show, so it won't be shit. It should be one of the coolest things ever. The same goes for the episodes we're finishing up now. They're better than anything that has been shown thus far.
3. I am NOT working on JTHM right now. People who want to see me doing only Johnny for the rest of my life can go choke on their own lack of variety and die politely. I've had ideas for Johnny stuff for awhile, but these are floating in a miasma of other, quite pushy ideas in my head. Don't fear the unknown, poops.
4. The old website is back on track, though it's almost as involved as a book project. There is much work to be done on it, but really my main goal with it right now is to get the news and updates section up and running. I'm doing designs and story work on the page, so it'll be a bit before you see it. (Yes...the website itself is sort of a story thing...you'll see). I've got one of ZIM's 3-d artists rendering out my drawings for the interface, so it should look interesting. No URL just yet.
5. Working on two book projects simultaneously. One is an untitled, experimental thing I've started with Brad Canby, an old friend of mine. He's illustrating sections from a series of notebooks I've kept since highschool. Very short stories, or even just sentences. Surreal stuff mostly. It should be a hardbound, rather claustrophobic affair, with mostly artwork by Brad, and cover design, and text by me. The desired effect is a nasty headache. Coming in the future.
The other project is more traditional, and all mine. It's called Saturday Morning Nightmare. I'm aiming for four issues of this comic. It is entirely unrelated to JTHM, SQUEE!, or I Feel Sick. Parts black and white, parts color. Rikki Simons will likely be helping out on most of the color work. I'd do it myself, but there isn't enough time in the universe. Besides...RIkki is color master. There'll be more details on the website.
6. I am currently doing a single page comic for Shannon Wheeler's TOO MUCH COFFEE MAN magazine. I am drawing a fat man.
7. Also working on a 4 page ZIM comic for NICK magazine. Surely they will love it.
8. I think people are getting so much stupider.
9. I like ROOM with a MOOSE, so shut up.
10. If they would just stop making video games, I could live a happier life. I cannot stop playing them. I need help.